Win as one Video Series
Episode 3: Staying Engaged with Co-Workers and Customers
Featured Guests – Christine Rasmussen (FTG Mesa) and Kaitlin Sleezer (Caltronics)
Top 10 Tips from Christine and Kaitlin
- Use Video on MS Teams if you previously used the phone. Pick up the phone if you usually use email. Increase your communication and grow your relationships.
- Be proactive with customers. They want us to reach out. Customers seek the reassurance we are there for them.
- Customers are looking for ways to upgrade the way they work with us. Let’s help them.
- Be creative and go the extra mile for customers during these times. Be caring and remember our customers lost some of their customers during this time.
- Keep communicating with customers and stay connected even if business is slowed or delayed. Customers that are open will appreciate the extra support and compassion.
- Be an example to our kids and families. They are learning from us about how to communicate with others on the phone and in video.
- Check-in with family and friends more than before. Enjoy the time to rest and relax outside of work time. Try a new App – Marco Polo instead of texting.
- Have fun with your team meetings. Trivia questions, sharing photos, team happy hours are examples to connect differently.
- Be honest and be open with others. Everyone can use this time to help one another and be there for support.
- Be sure to laugh with one another. Or contact Tony Howard to share a laugh with him.
Episode 2: Driving Outcomes
Featured Guests – Jeri Chini (FTG of Greater Ohio) and Jim Baney (FTG Mesa HQ)
Top 10 Tips shared by Jeri and Jim
- Keep a routine every day, even if your work hours are adjusted.
- Stay focused but take breaks to stretch or take a walk.
- Use MS Teams – It is a best practice tool to use. See the [How-To Guide] here or check out Episode 1 below to learn more about MS Teams.
- Use Daily Stand-Up Team meetings – communicate what you’re working on for the day, problems/concerns. See the reference guide here: [Stand-Up Meetings]
- Communicate regularly with your Supervisor/Manager through regular check-ins and ask for help when needed or have an obstacle to overcome.
- Use tools for organization to stay on track – Electronic Sticky Notes, SharePoint, MS Teams, Excel Spreadsheets.
- Stay in touch with your co-workers daily – Use Teams video, phone calls.
- Share best practices you have found with others – create a library of information on SharePoint.
- Dogs are good companions while working at home – Bella, Daisy, Buddy… they are all happy we are home.
- When we create the new “normal” after this, decide what tools will we want to continue to use.
Episode 1: Communication and Technology while Working from Home
Featuring: Jeff Parsons & Nick Procko
Top 10 Best Practices from webinar guests, Jeff and Nick
- Be Patient with a new technology tools. Take your time and adjust.
- Use the Video feature to see people in meetings. Human interaction is always meaningful.
- Reduce email and use MS Teams to share documents and spreadsheets. Its faster and easier.
- Take what you do in the office and do it on teams. Call people, set meetings, group chat with others, or schedule a meeting with someone to just say Hi and have a check-in.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new within Teams. There is always better ways to do things.
- Use the Screen Share feature to share from your computer.
- Have grace for one another working from home. Kids, dogs, cats might be in the background – its ok!
- Use MS Teams to recognize co-workers in your department or in another team whenever possible.
- Use the Chat feature to have conversations. This saves time and may help receive faster answers than email.
- Have Fun with your co-workers on Teams! GIFs, Team Chats, Video – stay connected by being connected.