CANON SUPPLIES notification
Flex Technology Group (FTG) wanted to provide early notice that due to the worldwide chip shortage, Canon will temporarily manufacturer some of its toner cartridges without chips.
How do I identify whether or not my Canon Toner Cartridge has a chip?
A Canon Toner Cartridge produced without a chip will have orange labels attached to its box as shown here:
Don’t panic. You can still print!
Please don’t be alarmed: There is not a toner supply concern and cartridges produced without a chip will continue to operate in designated Canon printing/copying devices.
There may be a little inconvenience: When customers insert a Canon Toner Cartridge without a chip, they may receive a notification that the copier/printer does not recognize the toner cartridge. If an alert message appears, simply push “CLOSE” or “I AGREE” to continue printing with the same excellent print quality and the same yield/output they’ve always received with Canon.
Some customers may also see a message under the following conditions:
- When the Power Switch of the Device is turned OFF and then ON
- When a toner cartridge is inserted in the future
Again, if an alert message appears, please push “CLOSE” or “I AGREE” to continue printing.
Possible auto-supplies-fulfillment impact: Please also note that toner cartridges without a chip may also impact “auto-fulfillment” services. If you run out of toner, simply follow the instructions on the FTG Company printer ID tag.
Below is a list of current affected models:
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE C3300 Series
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE C3500 Series
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C3700 Series
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C3800 Series
- imageRUNNER C3025i
- imageRUNNER C3125i
- imageRUNNER C3226i
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5500 Series
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C5700 Series
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350 Series
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE C355 Series
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE C356 Series
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C357 Series
- imageRUNNER 1400 Series
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4500 Series
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4700 Series
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 6000i Series
- imageRUNNER 2600 Series
- imageRUNNER C1325
In closing, we sincerely apologize ahead of time for any inconvenience this may cause on your printing experiences. If you run into any other issues, please don’t hesitate to contact us or your local representatives for further support.